V2.25 RELEASE NOTES
Released in January 2016
- Reach Estimate now available on the segment builder
- Image description fields added for offers, ads and loyalty cards
(any changes that have some sort of important / breaking change / negative impact on user experience)
AND / OR / NOT Segment Expression Builder - Reach Estimate
The segment expression builder now shows a 'reach estimate' of how many consumers this segment will target. A warning message will be displayed if your segment targets more than a certain percentage of your consumer base. This value can be modified with a configuration setting.
Image Description fields for offers, ad and loyalty cards
1. "Image Description" field is now available for Offers, Banner Ads and Loyalty Cards; for main and alternative images; for both primary and secondary languages. Maximum length is 500 characters. The field can also be left blank as it is not mandatory to fill in.
2. "Image Description" field was also added to the following APIs:
- List Favourite Content
- Weighted Content List
- Get Weighted Content Item
- Get Offer
- Nearby Offers
- Search Offers
- List Loyalty Cards
- Get Advertisements
- List All Offers
Upgrade from Previous Version
v2.24 - Release Notes
Point Release Highlights
- Change to dynamic extended data templates so that templates can be any format of a string and dynamic fields should still be injected into the string
- Addition of 4 more Tag groups which increased the tag limit to 755
- Birthday Coupon Fix for McD Netherlands
- Enable the Content Tags for Loyalty Card Rewards
- Fix for Sample Group Tag
- Push Message Dashboard showing wrong data fixed
- Banner ad time corrected
- Subsequent tag rule fixes
- Fix for deep link verification through 400 due to incorrect headers
- Added a config setting to disable nearest venue on advertisements
- Fix for distance from closest venue in weighted content API
Improvements for activity pipeline
Adding 2 new queues for location/beacon check-in
Multiple redis cache changes
- Consumer events queue modified to only look at activities for those enabled
- Gzip compression changes
- Content tag fix for a bug when they were not saving correctly
Optimised activity pipeline to help geofence push message functionality
- Bug fix for when push messages go into a sharded hub they were not delivered properly
- Support for function expressions in Extended Data Templates
Platform Setting Settings.ActivityPipeline.IncludeLocationCheckinInRawActivities (false) - will Stop storing location checkins for raw activity storage
- The tagevaluation cron job now gets it's list of consumerIds in order of creation date (desc)
- Added validation so an error is returned if token is expired when a call is made to the verificationinfo api
- Added new platform setting for secondary expiry time for tokens that will be used by the merchant api
Removed parallelism from consumer tagevaluation queue
Prevented geofence message history from growing indefinitely
Fixed a bug where when location checkins are processed, they don't always find active geofences and therefore don't evaluate properly for push messaging
Fix for redemption image returning the wrong image path
- Fix for list loyalty cards returning the wrong end date
Consumer's last known timezone is now synced from both cross reference consumer API calls and activity API calls with the AppStartup activity.
- Changed the "Push Message Seen" label on the Campaign Activity report to "Push Message Received" for consistency. Added to both Owner and Merchant level. Also added a textbox at the bottom of the page to explain the inconsistencies between Android and iOS behaviours.
- Push message received now can now be grouped by specific push messages to get a further drill down on push message data. This is implemented at both Owner and Merchant levels.
- Push message activity report has been improved. Daily time frequency now starts from 12:00 and finishes at 12:00 the next day. This is how the number of messages per day is calculated. The alignment of data points is now fixed too. The graph shows tooltips for the different types of push message activities.
- Export to CSV has been implemented for the push message activity report. This will export both daily and hourly push messages in the platform locale format.
- Bug fix for differences in the accept-language headers in iOS 8 and iOS 9, now both will return the secondary language correctly.