V(2.42+ .1 - .2) RELEASE NOTES
Released in October 2017
12 Features/Enhancements Delivered
5 Bugs Fixed
0 Known Bugs
(any changes that have some sort of important / breaking change / negative impact on user experience)
- Consumer Tag information has been removed from the ConsumerInfo object. This is the first step in breaking apart the ConsumerInfo which should lead to better performance and help de-couple consumer tagging - which eventually will simplify the task of any engineering overhaul.
- Obsolete fields have been removed from Offers , no clients were found to be using them, the SDK will soon be updated to remove these fields too.
- Obsolete tables have been removed from the SQL Database, these legacy tables have not been in use for years.
- CheckFacebookAccessToken feature removed from APIs since the SDK does not support it, all clients use our SDK so it should not be an issue.
- Following fields are deprecated in Offer - ChargeModel fields, Discount fields, PaymentType fields and PremiumPlacement fields.
- All fields relating to ChargeModel and PaymentType were not visible in the admin UI, and were not accessible via API calls so should have had no affect in their removal.
- The premium placement fields and discount fields were visible in the Admin but have since been removed.
- They remain in the API model for backwards compatibility but will default to false and 0 respectively.
- In addition to the removal of these fields from the Offers editor form, the aggregation of the discount data has also been removed from Campaign reporting UI's
Removal of obsolete fields on Offers
Previous the Offer search supported a parameter 'IsRankedSearch' which restricts the results to offers that are marked as 'Premium Placement'.
- Percentage of Discount
- Financial Value
Remove the "CheckFacebookAccessTokenAttribute" from the VMob source as it is not supported by the SDK and no longer required.
This disables a feature where you could supply a FB access token at the time of making an API call that needs it. As opposed to doing a social login.
This was built before social connect was implemented. It allowed use of Facebook for gifting to users who were anon or email registered.
Remove Tags from Consumer Info
Consumer Tag information has been removed from the ConsumerInfo object. This is the first step in breaking apart the ConsumerInfo which should lead to better performance and help de-couple consumer tagging - which eventually will simplify the task of any engineering overhaul.
Add new indexes to migration scripts (2.42.1)
Multiple indexes had been applied to production databases in reaction to load performance issues, these were formally added to the db change management.
Implement a 'ReadOnly' DB Connection to be used by daily jobs (2.42.1)
Previously the daily jobs select all consumers from the active core database to populate queues. This instead now utilizes a 'read only' connection string.
Alter TopicClientManager to handle null connection string (2.42.1)
Reduces noise in error logging.
Add Temporary Logging to track when a sample group tag is actually removed (2.42.1)
Log calls to UpdateConsumerTags that result in the removal of a sample group tag from a consumer.
Add output caching to the GetLoyatyCards call on the Offers API (2.42.1)
The loyalty cards API should utilize output caching for scenarios when there are no published loyalty cards.
Remove Caching of consumer tags for back end tag processing. (2.42.1)
Changes made in 2.42.0 have resulted in the cache filling up at a much faster rate than desired or expected. Instead this is adjusted to not add consumer tag information to the cache when processing nightly tag operations.
VSTS-8766 - Enable new relic on client staging environment (2.42.2)
VSTS-8840 - Resolve query performance for retrieving modified cross-references (2.42.2)
VSTS-8885 - Apply cache changes to nh sync and bulk tag update (2.42.2)
VSTS-8918 - Update Geotile creation to repsect geofence platform settings (2.42.2)
VSTS-8833 - Emit App Login activity action code=9 on all variations of consumer login (2.42.2)
VSTS-8770 - Allow a Tenant to be Disabled with respect to mobile device api calls (2.42.2)
VSTS-8525 - Direct Push Message throw New Relic Consumer not in Notification Hub errors (2.42.2)
- Incorrect time displayed on Push Message approval page
- Merchant API - Get Consumer From Cross Reference: Incorrect system type or external id throws 500 error
- Consumer API - Device Registration: Response code 500 when user name has #, / etc
- Error in PreProcessedActivityListener
- Exception on Raygun: 'azme-registration' could not be constructed in QueueListenerBuilder.GetListenerFactory (2.42.1)